Monday, March 24, 2008

Trying to write

It can be hard being creative and trying to get some writing done.

In the middle of me getting fantastic ideas shit happens like my niece will call and say “Please come and take my three kids before I fake my own death, they are making me insane and I am considering tying them to a chair, the baby has managed to squeeze the rabbit into a sock, it may die” or my best mate will call and shout “Why did that guy not call me back? Am I hideous and unworthy?” or my daughter will stomp through and scream “Who ate all the fucking cheese?”

Husband usually breaks in with a “Can you organise all the bills to be paid and tell me why the DVD’s are all scattered over the table? Can’t you put them away and why the hell does the wire come out of your bra and get stuck in the washing machine drum? Cant they stop that from happening?”

At that point my dad chooses to call and explain he has finally mastered Photoshop and verbally explains every picture he has ever taken and describes the ‘framing he has done on a picture of a squirrel that ate his washing line, he managed to get a really good shot of it, isn’t that amazing?’

As if that’s not bad enough my nutty brother Mij calls to tell me he has decided to become a musician and do I think U2 are interested? “No, I don’t think they are” I say back. He then says “But if I play guitar good they might” I simply hang up and pull out my hair, then worry about what the hell I am going to write in this blog.

Life is mental in my home, Happy Easter.

1 comment:

Dogwithnobrain said...

Happy Easter Janey.

I'd love to write... don't think that my life is that exciting... so instead, I've taught myself to knit.... I progressed from Scarves to hats and now I'm trying a jumper.... Also trying to learn Latin - well -relearn it....and practise Reiki (wooo wooo) at the same time.....

Are you going to write anymore? Maybe fiction?