Tuesday, August 08, 2006

Fringe day Five…

Sorry I went a day without blogging, I was so fucked up and busy you have no idea how mental it’s been. Ashley and I went on the wonderfully funny Paul Provenzas Talk of the Fest show.
It really is just a late night talk show that includes guest comics who talk about comedy from a ‘backstage’ premise yet in front of an audience. I wore a nice dress with dark tights but no knickers, as I hate wearing underwear and thick tights. I didn’t know that as I sat on the raised stage, stupidly opened my legs and had the strong stage lights shine up, that the film crew actually got a Basic Instinct shot! My cervix was probably on view! How embarrassing!
Ashley is still traumatised by the whole event and refuses to even talk about it, even funnily!
Tonight we had great fun on the sketch show, Ashley wrote a new sketch where she makes me break dance and grabs my ankles and spins me on the floor! That’s all I need…to be dragged around a manky floor in a fringe venue!
I love doing all three shows and have been getting early nights.
I am not really exhausted, I am just pacing myself.
I got really good news, my paperback book Handstands in the Dark has just went into the Sunday Times Top Ten best sellers list! How cool is that?
I am so proud and happy.

1 comment:

BLAZER PROPHET said...

Are you REALLY a comic? Man, you're terrible. Perhaps you need a job.