Thursday, January 15, 2009

I met Scientologists

Yes I did! Here’s what happened…I think I explained in my last blog that I went walking looking for a bus service that doesn’t actually exist.

Well anyway on Sunday after staggering about in the 86 degree heat on roads where the only other people I met were wandering homeless poor Mexican drunk men, I got a call from Andrea Abbate, and she is a fabulously funny comic from LA.
Andrea told me what road to get to and she came to pick me up. She had with her a lovely wee son called Andrew who was obsessed with Spiderman and he was cool.

Andrea took me back to her house and I can’t tell you how fabulous it was, though she did have two big dogs who likes to practise fucking each other in the back yard!
Andrea is a cracking hoot, and we had a great natter, she let me wash my hair and feet (yes, I was that manky, I had Amy Winehouse feet to be precise-I needed cleaned up after my marathon walk) and we chatted on her patio.

That was after we played 500 games of “pretend you never knew Spiderman was real, then I come in dressed as Spiderman” from 5 year old Andrew…he is adorable and loves that repetitive game. He was so cute I played along, even though Andrea and I were exhausted with the game, I LOVE kids and Andrew exploited me no end.

Then Andrea told me she and her husband were Scientologists. At this I was intrigued…I have never MET one and had 6 million questions and became as repetitive as Andrew with my “Pretend Scientology didn’t exist and then you come in as a Scientologist” game….God knows she played along (but then God doesn’t exist in her equation). I fully expected to leave that house with two tin cans strapped to my wrists and half my income gone…but NO….it was as easy as meeting a Catholic but not as easy as meeting a Jewish person who wanted to convince me they owned Israel.

So there you go…I am not converted nor freaked out…they were lovely people and I fully intend to cultivate my new friendship with the Scientologists and see how that works out for me.

Last night I ended up in bed at 8am with a horrible migraine that made me disabled.
Today I am going downtown for a meeting with a casting agent and I may even stay out late…who knows?

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Most Scientologists are nice, sincere and well meaning people, even those who become full time scientologists working as "staff".

I should explain, there are 3 overall informal levels of scientologist. Public, staff and SO.

Public = people who believe in scientology, pay for scientology services like auditing and courses but live an otherwise regular life.

Staff = people who work for scientology full time. They do not pay for courses or auditing rather they work for them on very low pay; they usually have second jobs.

SO = Sea Organisation. This is Scientologies paramilitary organisation. They are told they are the elite among scientologists.

For the most part the problems with the church of scientology is not the people rather it is the organisation itself and what it indoctrinates people with.

Scientologists sincerely believe they are on a mission to save the planet, that they are the only hope for the human race and that they must work towards making everyone a scientologist in a mission referred to as clearing the planet. This mission is what drives them to keep selling scientology. It's what makes them turn up at disaster sites like 9/11 or the boxing day tsunami and try to recruit people in to scientology because they believe that is the right thing to do.

Scientologists believe that psychiatry is the root of all evil, caused the holocaust during world war II etc, and psychiatry is out to destroy scientology. The Church of Scientology is on a mission for the "global obliteration of psychiatry". This is what made scientologists turn up at the boxing day tsunami and start handing out leaflets warning people not to be fooled by the psychiatrists who were intent on flooding the countries involved with drugs to enslave the people. This is what made them try to prevent psychiatrists from helping people at 9/11 and London's 7/7 bombings.

Scientologists are told that Scientology is the most important thing in life because without their 100% commitment the human race is doomed. They are also told that children are really just small adults that are just as capable as adults. These two factors are what results in parents leaving their children to fend for themselves while they go and work in scientology. See http://www.exscientologykids.com/eskforums/index.php for stories regarding the effects of this.

Try questioning scientology critically, google scientology and then ask questions about what the critics say. If they cannot convince you to join them and you continue to ask questions they will cease being friendly towards you and will want no further contact because you will be considered a suppressive person.

Anonymous said...

Hello.. Do you know how to Add Adsense Code Inside Single Post Only in XML Template? Visit your blog to learn how.. Have a nice thursday!