Friday, March 21, 2008

Flights and Fights

Glasgow Airport is where I spend most of my time these days. I am either off on a flight or coming home. Last night I arrived from London and the police had decided that people who were driving in to pick up people in their newly appointed waste land of a pick up point were to not stop longer than 5 seconds a piece!

Now I know its all about security and I understand why we have to walk through the driving rain over rough terrain, almost get killed by walking through a busy car park and have to share the few rain shelters they have deigned to give us…but what is with the “Move your car!” screaming from Glasgow’s finest?

When husband turned up to pick me up, we barely had time for me to get into the fucking car. What was the policeman expecting me to do? Jump on the back bumper and get dragged out of the airport?

I was so tired from my epic journey from London which took six hours if you consider the cab journey (two hours) to The City Airport (which was like a holding room for exhausted hostages) then the flight was delayed, there were NO seats as the room was full and I wanted to punch a screaming toddler, who was conveniently parked beside my head as I sat on the floor.

I had been through an exhausting day as I was filming a pilot for a show idea in London. Suffice to say it took a lot to get through. It was great though and I am so excited about it all.
Though I had been at the Groucho Club the night before and had a late night, not a drunken night as I am not a big drinker at all, just a late chatty night.

So here I am in Glasgow and I am the warm up act for Jerry Sadowitz tonight at the Theatre Royal and I am very excited to get going.

Speak soon.

No comments: